If you are considering a smile makeover or any cosmetic dentistry procedure, you need to take the time to choose a dentist with the experience and expertise to give you the best possible results. Nobody is better trained than an LVI-trained cosmetic dentist.
It is very important that you choose a qualified and highly experienced cosmetic dentist. A dentist who has performed many cosmetic dentistry procedures will have had more time to perfect their technique and results and are better able to handle emergency situations should they arise. There are several guidelines to follow in order to ensure that you choose the best possible cosmetic dentist. Look for the following factors when deciding who to trust your oral health to:
- LVI-Training – The Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Aesthetic Dentistry is the premier training center for cosmetic dentistry in the United States. Make sure you choose an LVI-trained cosmetic dentist.
- Before & After – We’ll show you before and after photos of our other cosmetic dentistry patients.
- Personal Care – Your cosmetic dentist should not just be interested in appearances. We take a sincere interest in our patients’ general health.
- Experience – Look for a cosmetic dentist who is experienced in a variety of cosmetic procedures. A more experianced dentist can offer the full range of cosmetic dentistry procedures and treatments so he can help you shape your smile with optimal results.
What You Should Ask Over the Phone Before You Make an Appt
- What cosmetic dental training has the dentist had in the last 12 months? New technology is developing every day, and the dentist should be keeping up with all the latest developments by taking at least 25 -35 hours per year of continuing education
- What organizations does the dentist belong to? Once you get the names of these organizations, visit their Web sites. Common sites include the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists, Las Vegas Institutes for Advanced Dental Studies, and American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Ask if the dentist has a website, visit it… are you impressed?
As You Enter the Office
- Is the reception area tidy, organized and clean?( This also includes the bathroom)
- During your consult, notice the appearance of the doctor’s staffs’ teeth. Do they have healthy, attractive smiles?
- Ask to see before and after photos of patients who have had porcelain veneers. Be sure these photos are of the doctor’s patients and not “store bought” photos Smile Gallery
- Are there patient testimonials, and can you speak to a patient who has had cosmetic procedures?
Never hesitate to get a second opinion. Remember, your teeth are an investment in your total health, and you deserve the smile you have always dreamed of.